What is it? (The Short Version)
The Rockstar Business Workshops is an unconference-style workshop that aims to inspire entrepreneurs and empower them to build better businesses.
What is it? (The Long Version)
I want to surround myself with interesting, intelligent, disruptive people (entrepreneurs). I’d love to have stimulating conversations where the status quo is challenged and where we can dream up solutions to solve future problems. I would like to contribute to the nurturing of the next wave of local entrepreneurs that can build businesses to solve those future problems. And I’d like to play whatever part in that journey.
So with this in mind, I’m hosting the first ever Rockstar Business Workshop, where I intend to share the experience & knowledge that I’ve accumulated thus far. Having co-founded WooThemes, a multi-million dollar, global business compromising a team of 17 and serving a user base that exceeds 150 000, I believe that I have a lot to offer. Plus – we did this all while being proudly based in Cape Town, South Africa and bootstrapping our way to success.
I will be hosting the workshop across four weekly sessions, each session with its own theme. The aim of the content will be focused on getting you from idea to launch. I believe in actionable content and would rather give you valuable insight that prompts you to execute, than just sharing a “pretty” story.
The dates are:
- Thursday, 22 March: Ideas & Where to start?
- Thursday, 29 March: Bootstrapping through hacking. Everything.
- Thursday, 5 April: Building & scaling your team & business.
- Thursday, 12 April: The (Holistic) Journey of a Startup Founder
Each session will be about 1.5 / 2 hours in duration.
- Style: Unconference & conversational. I’ve found that the most value comes from sharing stories & experiences.
- Venue: WooThemes HQ (Tyger Waterfront)
- Cost: Free
Who should attend?
The Rockstar Business Workshops are perfect for you, if:
- You have great ideas, but you don’t know what’s next.
- You need some inspiration to get yourself focusing & executing.
- You want to have stimulating conversations about entrepreneurship & startup.
- You embrace the concept of failure and that every startup teaches us something new about ourselves and business.
- You believe that we can all learn from each other.
This is the first iteration of the workshops, so I’m limiting it to about 6 – 10 people.
My aim is to have high quality, high fidelity conversations and as such I believe that we need the right type of person (ito their attitude to learning / sharing) to attend the workshop. I will thus handpick the group that will pilot the first workshops based on the little application below.
If you’re keen to attend the workshops, please complete the application form below. Applications close Wednesday, 22 February and I will notify everyone by the following Wednesday, 29 February.
[gravityform id=”2″ name=”Application: Rockstar Business Workshops” description=”false” ajax=”true”]